Monday 17 August 2015

#35: Progress in painting...

Over the last week, I have had a lot of spare time for a variety of reasons, and so I've taken that opportunity by the horns and have been cranking out the painting! I've had my fair share of challenges, but battling my ever-wandering attention span, I managed to focus on priority projects. The first was my Crimson Fists army. 
Determined to keep on top of this challenge and not let it defeat me, I vowed to stay ahead of the deadline!

I always like to focus on mandatory elements of the army first, usually taking the form of a HQ (in the form of my captain from last week) and two troops. This gives me a chassis upon which to build my force, and means I can play legal games with painted models! The first of these troops came in the form of a five-man Tactical Squad packing a plasma gun and a combi-plasma on the veteran Sergeant. 

To accompany them, I backed them up with a Razorback, which will eventually be free! I'm pleasantly surprised at how quick this paint scheme is to paint and I take comfort knowing that I can smash out units pretty quickly to a decent tabletop standard. Onward, the sons of Dorn.

The second project I am tackling is my massive Skaven army. Now that Age of Sigmar is my gaming group's staple game for the Fantasy genre, I was torn as to what army to make my primary force. After a lot of indecision, I chose Skaven because while their models are incredible, I always considered them an awfully daunting army to paint, purely based on the model count. 

But thanks to Age of Sigmar's much smaller game sizes, fielding a fully painted verminous army is not an unreasonable ask. 
The Island of Blood models were the perfect place to start. While the models are probably considered "common-place", there is no denying that they are fantastic quality models. Starting with the basics and focusing on narrative, I painted up Warlord Itchit, an ambitious young chieftain who is attempting to establish himself as a political and military force within the Skaven empire. While his clan is still small and far from influential, his acquisition of a Warpfire Thrower, however the means, has given his clan a bit of martial impact within the hordes of his verminous kin. 

I'm really looking forward to tackling this army on a big scale and forging a narrative to progress alongside the model collection. 

What army have you chosen to focus on for Age of Sigmar?

Thanks for reading,
Gabriel

No comments:

Post a Comment