Wednesday 12 October 2016

#62: Titans Day 2 and Wrap-up

I have a confession to make. On day two of Titans, I was not in great shape. And in the blur of the tournament, completely neglected to take any pictures of my last two games, but here's a lightning fast recap of two very one-sided games!

Game four was against a Dark Eldar army. It basically consisted of my units deep striking and getting blasted to death by a ton of Splinter shots and Disintegrators. There was literally not much more to the game than that... Again, my opponent was a good sort about it, and we had a great time, but it was a very one-sided game.

Game Five, was the polar opposite of game four. I fought a Tau Gunline, and I did terrible things to them! I think I lost a total of two models, and butchered the entire army to a man. The two highlights consisted of clipping the Tau Commander with a Psilencer on turn one, killing him instantly, and my Dreadknight charging into an Optimised Stealth Cadre and killing everything in sight in a single round of combat! The Tau brought no low-AP weaponry, and I rolled armour saves like never before!! 

After the five games were concluded and the dust had settled, my team finished in 7th Place out of 12 teams. 

So, how did I enjoy Titans? It was fun. It was my first competitive 40k tournament in quite some time, and I think I went into it low balling the power level. Seeing some of the armies that attended the event, I realised that my list was definitely left wanting. Not only that, but I played far too conservatively in games 2, 3 and 4. I definitely still have a lot to learn, and my army lists definitely need to be tightened up. 

I'm enjoying this new foray into 40k. I think I've had enough of a break from the game that it is refreshing and exciting to dive back in with both feet! 

This is a shorter blog post than I would usually write, and I apologise. With a distinct lack of photos of the battles, and a foggy memory, I've had to wrap up my Titans report quickly and as neatly as possible in order to tackle the next batch of Battle Reports that are bursting to be published! I hope you enjoyed the Titans reports. Next up, I have three hilarious and tensely fought 2000 point Age of Sigmar games from the recent tournament at Warhammer Capalaba. 

Until then, as always, thanks for reading.
Gabe

No comments:

Post a Comment